Data Science Manager, Machine Learning
vidIQ’s mission is to advance the creator's journey with actionable data-driven insights. We pursue this through our values of being creator obsessed, lean and fast, and being scientific. We have already helped millions of creators, and we are looking for stunning co-workers to join us in helping millions more.
So Why Join Us?
Our work is exciting as we are transforming the creator analytics space. This has provided many of us the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects. Equally, we’ve set up our people for success by giving them professional development opportunities like courses or conferences that will help them acquire desirable skills/experience.
Our company has met the future of work head on, with a fully remote company, capable of giving you flexibility to balance work and life. When it’s time to go on a break, we have an unlimited vacation policy so you can recharge. Lastly, we celebrate our wins and try to enjoy work by going on fun retreats to exciting destinations, such as Spain, Portugal and amazing places to come.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion . We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize diverse talent and an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
What you will be doing
- Help build and lead high performance, cross-functional teams (including engineers, product managers, designers, data scientists, product analysts, and others)
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that the team is delivering the highest customer impact
- Support and grow data science team members, including individual contributors as well as new managers
- Be an advocate for data science, helping to translate between technical and commercial considerations
- Establish metrics, process, and project management frameworks for team success
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
Who you are
- As an experience Manager, you can confidently hire, manage, and mentor data science teams as well leaders across multiple disciplines and domains
- Proven track record of architecting, developing, and launching machine learning and algorithm products at scale as well as building and supporting cross-functional teams
- You are the driver of projects, from inception to completion, sometimes with limited guidance
- Leadership level ability to analyze, interpret, and leverage data to make product decisions
- From a management standpoint, communicate insights and ideas across organization, such as, complex ML systems in simple terms to a general audience
- You can confidentially use standard ML tools such as Python, Jupyter, and SQL
- Preferably you have Experience leading development of international products (i.e., with localization) and more specifically with TensorFlow
- It would be a bonus if you have a track record developing personalized recommender, ranking, or discovery algorithms