DevOps/SRE Lead (Remote)
Imagine a product that reached over a million users without a sales
team. That same product is at the edge of where careers are headed,
where every person becomes their own brand with limitless growth
potential ahead. That's the opportunity at vidIQ – an infinite market, a
large and highly engaged customer base, and the chance to help build
and scale vidIQ's data engine that drives insights for millions of
Why this Role? Why vidIQ?
Join a truly global, remote team: Work from anywhere! Have co-workers all around the world. Get the opportunity to travel for events and company meet-ups.
Leave better than you came in:
We are always learning at vidIQ. We learn by doing. We learn from each
other — and we are incentivized to attend conferences, obtain
certifications, and take training courses.
Build the future with us: In
today’s ever-changing world of technology, video is coming in fast and
hard to dominate both the entertainment and marketing space. With
multiple devices to choose from — from mobile to tablet, desktop to
streaming video on our televisions, more and more people are not only
using video to make purchasing decisions, but also changing the way they
receive their entertainment.
Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: We
are setting precedents and coming up against challenges no one has seen
before. You will need to be resourceful and creative. You will not be
Right time, right place: We are small
enough that you will have true ownership and the feel of a close-knit
team. But, we are established enough to have hit profitability and
product-market fit, which gives us a fun and challenging field to play
We want to empower Creators. We help creators on their journey to being better video creators through tools and training.
Just about every single human on this planet loves to listen to
stories, to experience them, and some to tell them. Because of the
opportunity the internet gives us where people are able to build
businesses while in the comfort of their own home, a lot of people are
seeking this opportunity and many of them, with amazing stories, are
giving up too fast. There's too much bad information out there on how
creators become successful, how they build their audiences. vidIQ
challenges this status quo by giving creators the tools and knowledge
needed to grow their audiences faster by enabling them to uncover their
own opportunities by just using vidIQ.
We believe that by equipping people with the best tools and education
to solve their own problems, we can tackle the whole world's problems.
The best way to understand vidIQ is to play with the product: www.vidiq.com/extension
We've heard vidIQ described many ways. It can be the tool that you
use to manage your YouTube channel, making deep analytical insights
accessible that saves dozens of hours a week. When someone attends one
of our live streams or enrolls in an Academy course, they receive the
education every creator needs to be successful. We're also known as the
best video keyword research tool available to many folks. At vidIQ's
core, it's a tool that gives creators what they need to navigate toward
the success they want to have because of the tools and education made
So, what will you do as the DevOps/SRE Lead at vidIQ?
- Build and manage a team of DevOps engineers working 100% remotely across the globe.
- Curate documentation and practices for deployment, recovery, and troubleshooting of systems and services.
- Develop and oversee on-call policies.
- Expand and enforce service monitoring standards.
- Accelerate product development by helping developers create and maintain easy-to-use tools for automated testing and deployment.
- Advise developers on architectural choices, weighing factors such as performance and cost.
- Continually push for greater service availability and reliability.
You’ll be a good fit if...
- You have a broad knowledge of Amazon's many AWS services.
- You love open source tools, particularly the Debian and Ubuntu Linux ecosystem (No Windows in this shop).
- You know how to whip up a Chef recipe.
- You also know how to navigate a modern Kubernetes cluster hosting a multitude of Dockerized microservices.
- You enjoy writing custom DevOps tools in Python and Ruby to improve automation.
- You find the slow queries killing your database quickly (Postgres, Mongo, DynamoDB, Redis, and ElasticSearch).
- You consider the monitoring implications of service failure modes beyond simply being down, such as when they are merely uselessly slow.
- You eliminate technical debt at every opportunity.
- You aren't scared of the word "legacy".
- You have spent at least five years professionally telling servers to behave.