Engineering Manager (Remote)
vidIQ’s mission is to advance the creator's journey with actionable data-driven insights. We pursue this through our values of being creator obsessed, lean and fast, and being scientific. We have already helped millions of creators, and we are looking for stunning co-workers to join us in helping millions more.
So Why Join Us?
Our work is exciting as we are transforming the creator analytics space. This has provided many of us the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects. Equally, we’ve set up our people for success by giving them professional development opportunities like courses or conferences that will help them acquire desirable skills/experience.
Our company has met the future of work head on, with a fully remote company, capable of giving you flexibility to balance work and life. When it’s time to go on a break, we have an unlimited vacation policy so you can recharge. Lastly, we celebrate our wins and try to enjoy work by going on fun retreats to exciting destinations, such as Spain, Portugal and amazing places to come.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion . We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize diverse talent and an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
What you will be doing
- Help build and lead high performance, cross-functional teams (including engineers, product managers, designers, data scientists, product analysts, and others)
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that the team is delivering the highest customer impact
- Support and grow engineering team members, including individual contributors as well as new managers
- Be an advocate for engineering, helping to translate between technical and commercial considerations
- Establish metrics, process, and project management frameworks for team success
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members & your project peers
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
Who you are
- Managed, hired and mentored an engineering team as well as leaders across multiple disciplines and domains
- Can provide examples of building and supporting cross-functional teams, where you initiated and drove projects to completion
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and leveraging data to make engineering/product decisions while communicating insights/ideas across organization
- Beyond developing software, you have architected and launched products and/or services
- You feel comfortable using programming languages such as Scala, NodeJS, Java and have experienced with technologies like React, Angular, and VueJS
- Preferably have leadership in development of international products (i.e., with localization), machine learning based products, and of mobile applications is something you’re proud of and can share with us