Node.js Engineer (Remote)
RemoteUnited States, New York, New YorkEngineering
VidIQ’s mission is to advance the creator's journey with actionable data-driven insights. We pursue this through our values of being creator obsessed, lean and fast, and being scientific. We have already helped millions of creators, and we are looking for stunning co-workers to join us in helping millions more.
So Why Join Us?
Our work is exciting as we are transforming the creator analytics space. This has provided many of us the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects. Equally, we’ve set up our people for success by giving them professional development opportunities like courses or conferences that will help them acquire desirable skills/experience.
Our company has met the future of work head on, with a fully remote company, capable of giving you flexibility to balance work and life. When it’s time to go on a break, we have an unlimited vacation policy so you can recharge. Lastly, we celebrate our wins and try to enjoy work by going on fun retreats to exciting destinations, such as Spain, Portugal and amazing places to come.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion . We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize diverse talent and an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
So what will you do at vidIQ in this Backend Engineer role?
Join us as a Node.js Engineer and help us develop our system and create new features!
- Building backend for the new VidIQ product
- API design and implementation
- Database design for optimal data access
- Tune performance of the backend
You might be a fit if...
- You are an experienced software engineer with 5+ years of BE development using NodeJS ecosystem (NestJS, ExpressJS, KoaJS, TypeScript)
- You launched greenfield projects before
- You know how to write scalable, modular, well-maintainable code
- You worked with high-load backend systems (2M+ active users per day)
- You can work with various databases like Postgres, Mongo, ElasticSearch, and DynamoDB with and without an ORM/ODM.
- You know how to work with message brokers (e.g. Kafka)
- You have experience working with AWS
- You know how to work with Kubernetes
- You have good writing skills to present your ideas to the team