Ruby on Rails Developer - Remote
vidIQ’s mission is to advance the creator's journey with actionable data-driven insights. We pursue this through our values of being creator obsessed, lean and fast, and being scientific. We have already helped millions of creators, and we are looking for stunning co-workers to join us in helping millions more.
Why Join Us?
Our work is exciting as we are transforming the creator analytics space. This has provided many of us to work on new and exciting projects. Our company has met the future of work head on, with a fully remote company that allows you flexible hours to balance work & life. schedule for you. We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize diverse talent and an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
***We are 100% REMOTE all the time!!***
As a Ruby/Rails Developer, you will be responsible for:
- Take primary ownership of a single large, legacy Rails application.
- Dig into the existing Rails application to answer any questions our Scala team may have when porting features.
- Make minor feature changes when Scala porting is not yet feasible in the time required.
- Squash any fresh bugs that may come up.
We are looking for:
- 4+ years of experience with Ruby on Rails development.
- You are familiar with Ruby in both Rails and non-Rails contexts.
- You have maintained a large Rails project running across a cluster of machines in a highly available fashion, preferably in a cloud environment such as AWS or GCP.
- You understand a few things about Rails internals, like its relationship to Rack and various types of middleware.
- You can work with various databases like Mongo, Postgres, ElasticSearch, and DynamoDB with and without an ORM/ODM.
- You know how to develop and reason about concurrent background processes using a framework like Resque or Sidekiq.
- You don't mind a little code archaeology.
- You are fine with writing documentation.