Scala Engineer (Remote)
RemoteMexico, Ciudad de México, MexicoEngineering
Imagine a product that reached over a million users without a sales team. That same product is at the edge of where careers are headed, where every person becomes their own brand with limitless growth potential ahead. That's the opportunity at vidIQ – an infinite market, a large and highly engaged customer base, and the chance to help build and scale vidIQ's data engine that drives insights for millions of creators.
Why this Role? Why vidIQ?
- Join a truly global, remote team: Work from anywhere! Have co-workers all around the world. Get the opportunity to travel for events and company meet-ups.
- Leave better than you came in: We are always learning at vidIQ. We learn by doing. We learn from each other — and we are incentivized to attend conferences, obtain certifications, and take training courses.
- Build the future with us: In today’s ever-changing world of technology, video is coming in fast and hard to dominate both the entertainment and marketing space. With multiple devices to choose from — from mobile to tablet, desktop to streaming video on our televisions, more and more people are not only using video to make purchasing decisions, but also changing the way they receive their entertainment.
- Tackle our most interesting and impactful problems: We are setting precedents and coming up against challenges no one has seen before. You will need to be resourceful and creative. You will not be bored!
- Right time, right place: We are small enough that you will have true ownership and the feel of a close-knit team. But, we are established enough to have hit profitability and product-market fit, which gives us a fun and challenging field to play on!
We want to empower Creators. We help creators on their journey to being better video creators through tools and training.
Just about every single human on this planet loves to listen to stories, to experience them, and some to tell them. Because of the opportunity the internet gives us where people are able to build businesses while in the comfort of their own home, a lot of people are seeking this opportunity and many of them, with amazing stories, are giving up too fast. There's too much bad information out there on how creators become successful, how they build their audiences. vidIQ challenges this status quo by giving creators the tools and knowledge needed to grow their audiences faster by enabling them to uncover their own opportunities by just using vidIQ.
We believe that by equipping people with the best tools and education to solve their own problems, we can tackle the whole world's problems.
The best way to understand vidIQ is to play with the product: www.vidiq.com/extension
We've heard vidIQ described many ways. It can be the tool that you use to manage your YouTube channel, making deep analytical insights accessible that saves dozens of hours a week. When someone attends any of our live streams or academy, it's the education every creators need to be successful. We're also know as the best video keyword research tool available to many folks. At vidIQ's core, it's a tool that gives creators what they need to navigate toward the success they want to have because of the tools and education made readily available.
So what will you do at vidIQ in this Scala Engineer role?
Join us as a Scala Engineer and help us develop existing microservices and create new features!
This role is a bit unique. You will work on the development of existing API, creating a new one and taking a part in building data pipelines.
We are a remote company and our team works from wherever they want. That means you must be self-motivated to succeed. If that sounds great to you and you’re interested in empowering video creators, you’ll fit right in.
- Take ownership of services that you are working on.
- Take the initiative to resolve product issues.
- Improve project architecture with the goal of increasing quality.
- Help teammates with brainstorming sessions, technical design discussions, and code reviews (we highly appreciate all sort of improvements).
- Write readable, testable, maintainable code.
What technologies do we use:
- Scala — Cats, FS2, http4s, doobie
- AWS — EKS, S3, SQS
- Databases — PosgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB,
- Other useful things — kubernetes, docker, github
You might be a fit if...
- A Strong understanding of REST API / Microservices concepts and best practices.
- Understanding of SOLID principles.
- Experience working on at least one large Scala application.
- Experience working with a variety of databases, especially PostgreSQL, MongoDB and DynamoDB.
- Effective project and time management skills.
- Creative problem solvers who take the initiative to improve products.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Remote teams require things be written down and communicated clearly and kindly.
What benefits can I expect?
-This is a 100% remote position, work from anywhere you like.
-A flexible work schedule where you decide which hours to work. We expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
-We offer a generous vacation policy of taking time when you need it.
-Work with amazing people around the world.
-Huge impact in the Creator Ecosystem.
-Support your professional development and will pay for relevant courses and conferences
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
If you’re excited about this, we’d love to talk to you. Use the “Apply” button below to get in touch with us.