Senior Frontend Engineer (100% Remote)
RemoteLisbon, Lisboa, Portugal$100,000 - $150,000 per yearEngineering
vidIQ builds software to help YouTube creators achieve their goals. More than 2 million people use our products each week to help them generate ideas, titles, descriptions, thumbnails, and keywords, as well as translate their content to other languages and track competitors. Many of our customers also take advantage of personal coaching to help them reach their audience in new and exciting ways.
We're a team of 90+ people and growing quickly. Our vision is to be the smart copilot for every YouTube creator. We strive to create a welcoming environment where our team of smart, passionate people can share ideas with each other and do their best work. We are looking for team members who are excellent at their craft, communicate with kindness, and act like owners.
vidIQ has always been a fully remote company. Join us as we work to empower creators around the world.
About the role
vidIQ's products meet creators where they are and include a web app, mobile apps, and browser extensions. We use the latest technology available to build the best tools for creators, including using various AI models to help automate tasks such as ideation and metadata generation. Our products are built with technology such as React and Next.js.
What you will do:
- Build new AI-powered features to help YouTube creators spend more time creating compelling content.
- Measure and refine signup and purchase funnels.
- Standardize our codebases by extracting repeated solutions into modules that can be reused elsewhere.
- Improve the durability of our products by testing important workflows, reporting helpful errors, and taking ownership of the code your write.
- Review and test code from other engineers and provide helpful suggestions, teaching others as you go.
- At least 5 years of professional software development experience.
- Experience leading projects from concept to completion, including documenting the work and teaching others about it.
- Desire to roll up your sleeves and solve problems without being asked.
- Desire to improve product quality and leave codebases in a better state than you find them.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with a demonstrated ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- Confidence working with technologies such as TypeScript, React, Next.js, React Query, Axios, Jest, and CSS Modules.
- Bonus: Experience working with AI technologies such as GPT, LangChain, Hugging Face, and vector databases.
- This is a 100% remote position and you may work from wherever you like
- We offer a generous vacation policy of taking time when you need it
- Paid holidays based on your location
- Monthly mobile and Internet service reimbursed
- Wellness bonus of 100USD on a monthly basis
- Support for professional development and relevant courses
- Work with amazing people around the world and make an impact in the Creator Ecosystem
vidIQ believes in providing competitive compensation to all team members as determined by the candidate's skills, experience, and abilities, as well as internal equity and geo-location based pay. The upper range is reserved for individuals who demonstrate a high level of job knowledge and skills in their current role.
We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize attracting diverse talent and cultivating an environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
If you’re excited about this, we’d love to talk to you. Use the “Apply” button below to get in touch with us.