VP Engineering (US Remote)
vidIQ’s mission is to advance the creator's journey with actionable data-driven insights. We pursue this through our values of being creator obsessed, lean and fast, and being scientific. We have already helped millions of creators, and we are looking for stunning co-workers to join us in helping millions more.
So Why Join Us?
Our work is exciting as we are transforming the creator analytics space. This has provided many of us to work on new and exciting projects. Our company has met the future of work head on, with a fully remote company that allows you flexible hours to balance work & life. schedule for you. We work hard to enable creators of all kinds to succeed and, to that end, we prioritize diverse talent and an inclusive environment that encourages collaboration and creativity. We’re committed to building a company and a community where people thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do their best work every day.
So, what will you do at vidIQ in this VP Software Engineering role?
- Help build and lead high performance, cross-functional teams (including engineers, product managers, designers, data scientists, product analysts, and others).
- Work closely with cross-functional partners to ensure that the team is delivering the highest customer impact.
- Support and grow engineering team members, including individual contributors as well as new managers.
- Be an advocate for engineering, helping to translate between technical and commercial considerations.
- Establish metrics, process, and project management frameworks for team success.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to both your team members and your project peers
- Set clear expectations and create a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and management teams
You might be a good fit if you have:
- 10+ years of experience managing engineering teams
- Proven track record of building and supporting cross-functional teams
- Managing managers of teams and excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience hiring and mentoring leaders across multiple disciplines and domains
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience analyzing, interpreting, and leveraging data to make engineering and product decisions
- Experience communicating insights and ideas across organization
- Experience architecting, developing, and launching software products and/or services
- Experience with programming languages such as Scala, NodeJS, Java
- Experience with technologies such as React, Angular, VueJS
Would be a big plus if you have:
- Experience leading development of international products (i.e., with localization)
- Proven track record of leading development of machine learning based products
- Proven track record of leading development of mobile applications